Waimea Canyon Experience
This Kauai adventure tour will take you on a scenic trip around Waimea Canyon State Park. Waimea Canyon is over 10 miles long and over 3,000 feet deep and a mile wide, and is often referred to as “The Grand Canyon of the Pacific.” The canyon was formed by erosion and the collapse of the volcano that formed the island of Kauai. This popular tourist attraction provides a wilderness area with many hiking trails and beautiful vistas and breathtaking views.
The scenic drive along route 580 provides outstanding views of the Wailua River. We will make several 5-10 minutes stops for photo opportunities and restroom breaks providing for chances to stretch your legs and enjoy the natural beauty of the “Garden Isle.”
Waimea Canyon Tour highlights:
We continue our sightseeing adventure continues along the southern coast on our way to Poipu, a beautiful resort getaway and the home of the Spouting Horn. This natural wonder occurs when water rushes in under the lava shelf and bursts upward through a small hole in the surface.
- Explore Waimea Canyon: (10 Miles long, 1/2 mile deep) - Millions of years of lava flows
- Hanapepe Lookout
- 12 miles of Coastline with gold sandy beaches
- Koloa Sugar Mill* and Queen Victoria's profile* (drive through)
- Beautiful Landscaping and vegetation
- Nawiliwili Harbor
- See south coast resorts and Coco Palm
- We will also visit Kauai’s “biggest little town”, Hanapepe Town. This little town was very busy during WWII and the 1950’s with GI’s and sailors training. This little town was also used as a location for many shows and films.
Children 3-11: $20.78
Lap Child 0-2: Free